About the Club
Initially established in 1882, as a Junior Football Team, a few like minded people formed the community club in 2011 in order to get right to the heart of the local community and develop a sustainable player development pathway that would be inclusive from the age of 5 years to post retiral.
Scone Thistle CC truly is ‘More Than a Club’ and the transformation we have driven, since 2011 is quite remarkable.
The club now commands a member base of nearly 300 people, 30+ coaches and many other volunteer helpers. We use football as the tool to deliver educational and leisure activities that develop the physical and mental capacities of our members, helping to ensure they grow to full maturity as individuals and members of society i.e. we teach strong values of giving, engaging, spirit, respect, friendship and appreciation – but of course we still get cheek! ;)
We are one of the few clubs in Scotland that genuinely has a multi demographic and diverse player pathway, consisting of the following:
- Soccer School (boys, girls and mixed sections)
- Youth boys football (Fun Fours, Super Fives, 7 aside and 11 aside)
- Girls football (U9, U11, U13 and U15)
- Walking Football (male and female participated all ages up to 70 right now)
- Para Football (5 to 18 year olds with Autism – parent respite is a key objective)
- Futsal (U13 introduced)
- Amateur Football (adult age group bridging gap between Youth and semi-pro Juniors)
- Junior Football (semi professional level – top of Club Pathway)
- Over 35s Football (the kidders!)
- Pro Youth (successful pipeline of nurtured talent going to Senior Football)
Learn More About
Scone Thistle Girls U11's
Scone Thistle Girls U13's
Winter training 6-7pm at Scone Ballcourt
Matches played on Saturday mornings in SWF East Region leagues.
New players always welcome. Contact us for details.
Scone Thistle Girls U15's
Scone Thistle Girls U15s are the first ever girls 11-a-side team to represent the club in the SWF East Region League.